HVAC Project Engineer
Lead the site in all aspects of multiple complex HVAC engineering projects. This includes but is not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of project development and delivery:
- Analyze customer and process requirements to develop a scope of work based upon broad engineering principles and established methods in the industry, consistent with current standards & specifications. (ASHRAE, ISPE, NFPA, FDA)
- Lead the design process and supervision of A&E firms in the progression of the design & associated bid documentation, preparing contracts, reviewing proposals & selecting contractors. Ensure that the design combines the shorter term business support need with the longer term optimum lifecycle cost objectives
- Supervise project implementation to insure that all cGMPs, safety practices, applicable codes, engineering standards, laws and insurance requirements are met in the design, construction, start-up and qualification of assigned activity.
- Coordinate commissioning activities, including validation and verification, staff training, determining operating requirements and writing procedures.
- Participate in regulatory inspections where required.
- Lead activity with the internal customers (production, maintenance, quality & facilities) to identify optimization, improvement & replacement opportunities for the HVAC systems currently in place. This includes consideration of equipment age, control strategies & energy reduction best practice.
- Facilitate in-house training programs specific to HVAC equipment & mentor colleagues
- Play a key role in the definition and delivery of the site energy reduction program
- Interact with internal customer project management, SHE, production, sales & marketing, and finance as well as externally with vendors, contractors and consultants.
Experience & knowledge of designing, implementing & maintaining Industrial HVAC systems, in particular those associated with aseptic & solid dose Pharmaceutical manufacturing and the need to meet rigorous specifications for temperature, pressure, humidity and cleanliness control. BS in Engineering or related discipline + 5 years Pharmaceutical experience. Or AA/AS in Engineering or production related discipline + 6 years of industry experience. Diversified knowledge of all HVAC specialties including Dust Collection, Steam Refrigeration & Water Systems is preferred. Experience managing projects, providing rapid cost estimates based on sound fundamentals in support of customer bid activity & the development of effective maintenance plans.
Location: North Carolina